The Yoga Concept is one of the 12 specialized programs of "THE CONCEPT": A pioneering system of continuous management-education programs of GROUP FITNESS, which is an exclusive innovation of STUDIO ONE. Its role is to bring YOGA in Health clubs and in the consciousness of the practitioners in its rightful place: Instructors recommend: "Practice yoga to obtain flexibility and exercise without vibration, more gentle..." which is fine and acceptable. All that is important is to teach people that through Yoga practice one comes closer to himself.
Through every new asana previously feared and now achieved a practitioner overcomes a phobia in his life. Each time "wrapped in asana" motionless in pain enduring patiently to pass without reacting, he actually trains himself to the difficulties life will bring in order not to get disappointed and become angry but instead to accept the lesson life is sending him.
In theConcept Yoga a practitioner learns not only to expect the pleasant aspect of life, but also not to avoid the unpleasant one. The bad day will come to an end.... Night will come and a beautiful day will finish... Night will come again...
The Yoga Concept comes to facilitate an instructor's job as every four months he will be given a particular structure: e.g. asanas preparation for opening the heart preparation - methodology for supported, preparation for inverted asanas. Every summit will teach him not only the way but also the why... What does finally sirsasana offer? (support on the head). What are the changes in the nervous and hormonal system, in the psychology, in the natural and energy body? Clients in the Health clubs will feel confident as they will be in the hands of certified instructors. They will experience their progress from class to class. They will love Yoga, they will find themselves and see them transform.
You can ask
- Can the program be attended by a beginner or is it presupposed to have done Yoga before ? It can be attended by beginners as in all asanas there are different levels so that the teacher will guide the practitioner accordingly.
- Ι am pregnant. Can I attend?Each pregnancy is a unique experience and the pregnant should consult her doctor .However ,there is the case to attend regularly with modifications or ideally have personal class.
- I want to lose weight. Will yoga help ?In a typical class we burn 250-450 calories depending on the intensity but what is more important than the exercises to achieve our goal is the discipline and patience ,values that are taught through Yoga.
- I am diabetic. Can yoga help?Apart from certain diet, yoga can help with asanas that act on the hormonal system. Pranayama helps you calm down. It reduces anxiety and anger. Kriyas a cleansing technique - help in detoxification and purification of liver.
- I have heard that yoga is therapeutic. How does it help?It improves the musculoskeletal system, blood circulation and balance. It reduces anxiety, back and low back pain. It strengthens the immune system, improves the nervous system and helps emotional balance. It releases tension and contributes to wellbeing.
- During menstruation can I practice Yoga?Definitely yes. You should only avoid backbends and exercises that compress the abdomen area.
- Is it necessary to be familiar with mantras and their meaning?No it is not. Mantras are repetitive sounds that activate particular areas in the brain that control higher functions as well as the subconscious. Their repetition is enough.
- As known, Yoga comes from India In order to attend and deepen in the practice, do I have to follow Hindu religion?No. Yoga is a scientific system that concerns body and mind. The field of its action is different from that of religion. It matches with all religious beliefs and ideals reinforcing personal philosophies and religious choices of each individual .
Watch your future
- Ι am pregnant. Can I attend?